COP 22 Panel confirms broad support for Africa GreenCo concept
We would like to thank all of our COP 22 panelists for their invaluable contribution during our COP 22 side event. The unanimous conclusion being that AGC could help create a liquid regional power market by:
- Adding liquidity and efficiency to the regional power pools and driving integration on the back of a multi buyer model
- Reducing the cost of capital and the credit risk profile of underlying portfolio projects and the wider power sector through a strong balance sheet, diversification and trading capabilities
- Lowering contingent liabilities of utilities and sovereigns and therefore creating headroom for further investment in the rehabilitation of utilities
- Creating new opportunities to share and mitigate risks and lowering transaction costs
- Applying international best practice and leveling the playing field through standardized terms thus increasing the number of bankable projects
- Creating a more favourable investment environment for a wider universe of investors • Increasing the potential for refinancing–giving confidence to upfront lenders and helping to bring long term capital market / institutional investors engagement
- Facilitate the move towards local currency denominated PPAs by facilitating an increase in local currency lending to power projects.
A fast start to 2023 – EC – EFSD – GreenCo at ADSW – Atlantic Council and UICCA-Convergence
We are delighted to announce that the Operational Board of the European Fund for Sustainable Development plus (EFSD+) has given the green light to a €50m …
GreenCo at U.S. – Africa Business Forum and Ilute Solar project in Zambia.
Our CEO is delighted to be participating in the U.S. – Africa Business Forum which will take place during the U.S. – Africa Leaders Summit in …
COP27 – GreenCo – UK-Zambia Green Growth Compact
At COP 26, the UK and Zambia signed a new landmark partnership – “The Green Growth Compact “to drive sustainable economic growth. The Green …
GreenCo at COP
This week the UN’s 27th Annual Conference of the Parties (COP27) takes place in Sharm El-Sheikh. Egypt’s summit theme is ‘implementation’. Shifting the focus from negotiations and …
GreenCo SAPP trading and regional roll out plus see you at GEAS next week!
CTICC2 | 4 – 5 OCTOBER | CAPE TOWN GreenCo is delighted to have commenced active energy trading operations in southern Africa on the Southern …
Africa GreenCo Renewable BESS Procurement Programme
12 July 2022, Africa GreenCo (GreenCo) is delighted to announce its intention to procure a 40 MWh Battery Electricity Storage System in Zambia to …